Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

Extremely dissapointed by the results

5comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Chris Esposo

Oct 12, 2011
09:27

1 |
Share via:
It should be pointed out that our team was not selected to be a finalist. That in it of itself is not what disappoints me. What disappoints me is that of the teams that were, virtually none utilized modeling (Sloan or otherwise), or any scientific procedures/method in their case. Further, of the teams that actually cited anything, a good deal of these was from sources like "The Daily Koch," and other soap-box like websites. One would have thought a competition run by a unit of MIT would focus more on rigorous approaches, rather than outright vagaries. The results of this year’s competition cast doubt on the seriousness of this entire enterprise, and whether any serious individuals will continue to be involved with this event.

Dennis Peterson

Oct 12, 2011
11:50

2 |
Share via:
ClimateColab is meant to be a collaborative effort. Your proposal had impressive modeling, but didn't propose much in the way of action. My proposal was full of action, but I had no way to model the results. I would welcome assistance.

Chris Esposo

Oct 12, 2011
12:51

3 |
Share via:
Nuts

Dennis Peterson

Oct 12, 2011
01:52

4 |
Share via:
Berries

Wendy Wright

Nov 15, 2011
06:45

5 |
Share via:
Where's the "Like" button on this thing?!? Too cute...