Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

GLOBAL WARMING

4comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Jose Lebron

Oct 9, 2012
03:59

1 |
Share via:
ALTHOUGH I FEEL WE HAVE SURELY BEEN A FACTOR IN GLOBL WARMING, I ALSO STONGLY BELIEVE THAT THIS EARTH IS IN THE WARMING PART OF ITS CYCLE . REMEMBER THIS PLANET WAS A MUCH WARMER PLACE IN THE NOT SO DISTANT PAST. I DONT BELIEVE THAT MAN CAN STOP THIS DIRECTION BUT THE INCREASE CONSIOUSNESS IOF THE NEGATIVE IMPACT OF OUR CARLESS ABUSE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES IS A WELCOME TREND.

Jose Lebron

Oct 9, 2012
03:01

2 |
Share via:
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT. THANK YOU , JOSE REYES LEBRON JR

Tom Mallard

Jan 29, 2013
04:58

3 |
Share via:
Recall the Pliocene Age, we're back there now at 395-ppm CO2, that age is characterized by 365-410 ppm's, we left the Pliestocene where it was never above 305-ppm for the past million years. There is no natural way to change CO2 as fast as we do, ice-age changes in CO2 were under 0.001-ppm/year and we are now at 3-ppm/year or some 3,000-times faster than nature does, key issue that won't go away. We added 110-ppm CO2 in 150-years whereas nature would take 110,000-years or more. The geologic evidence is pretty much QED on facts.

John Rosebush

Jan 31, 2013
05:36

4 |
Share via:
Were not just adding C02 to the atmosphere, were also eliminating the rain forest that essentially filters the C02 and also creates oxygen. This is global warming and as the water warms it will excelerate to a level that we didn't think possible. Yes we can make a huge difference and I actually believe we can reverse global warming.