Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

Plastics anyone?

5comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Richard Gillaspie

Jan 25, 2015
07:58

1 |
Share via:
The majority of plastics are derived from petroleum. Though we talk a lot about fuel, a major part of the equation is carbon waste affecting the biosphere on which we all depend. Just about everything purchased in US is wrapped in plastic. Most is not recyclable, not degradable, just bulk endangering the biosphere.

Carol Bland

Jan 25, 2015
02:23

2 |
Share via:

Richard Gillaspie

Jan 27, 2015
03:22

3 |
Share via:
Thanks, Carol, my education despite appearances is progressing. Each day this site and others where I can exercise the gray matter help. If I understand, state important content as relates to others projects or concerns

Eric Leclair

Jul 11, 2016
06:42

4 |
Share via:
@Ignorant (Funny name hehe) - Don't give up. There are LOTS of good resources out there. Also hang out on sites about recycling. Some of the details you will learn will blow your mind.

Humaira Shahbaz

Jan 18, 2017
08:43

5 |
Share via:
Ignorant you are right plastic bags are a big threat. I personally have experience that how it acts as one the reasons of floods. As recycling process involves three steps that is reduce, reuse and recycle. The plastic bags are not recyclable but by reducing its use and reusing already available plastic trash we can contribute to the cause.