Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

Report bugs and request features

83comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Climate Colab

Oct 4, 2010
10:08

1 |
Share via:
This thread is for reporting bugs and requesting new features in the Climate CoLab. The community asks that you confine posts to this topic and abide by the site's philosophy and policies..

James Greyson

May 20, 2011
06:20

2 |
Share via:
I responded to a discussion just then by writing something and clicking 'add comment'. A small box came up to say 'user session expired' inviting me to reload. When I did, the text I'd written had gone. Fortunately I'd copied it before posting so it wasn't lost but can imagine this would be an obstacle for people attempting to take part here. If possible could 'user sessions' be kept running whilst the user's browser window remains open please?

James Greyson

May 20, 2011
07:39

3 |
Share via:
Feature request: to make it possible for members to edit their comments. This would allow me to fix typos and add bits I've forgotten. Probably would encourage more participation by removing any worry of embarrassment from writing faster than we think?

James Greyson

May 20, 2011
07:19

4 |
Share via:
Typo on members' profile pages: says "...does not support any plan's", should be "...does not support any plans" Suggestion for profiles without photos: edit generic face image to add a speech bubble, "please add your photo :-)" or similar? Suggestion for browser page titles: could 'personalise' pages with a description that shows up on browser tabs? Eg Discussion | Climate CoLab rather than just Climate CoLab. May help people become more active by making multiple tabs more navigable.

James Greyson

May 20, 2011
08:03

5 |
Share via:
The community news and community members pages have correct page headings. Community discussions pages are entitled 'Community Members', should be 'Community Discussions'.

Josh Introne

May 20, 2011
10:57

6 |
Share via:
D'oh! Thanks. Fixed!

Thomas Malone

May 27, 2011
01:55

Staff

7 |
Share via:
This appears to be a repeatable problem: When I click on a discussion, then click (in the left column) on the name of someone who contributed a comment, I am taken to the profile page for the person. But if I then click "Back", I am taken back to the main Discussion page that lists all the discussions. Also the cursor has a little rotating disk, and clicking on one of the discussions doesn't seem to work.

Josh Introne

May 27, 2011
01:52

8 |
Share via:
Ok thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Josh Introne

Jun 3, 2011
11:23

9 |
Share via:
Navigation bugs should now be fixed!

James Greyson

Jun 15, 2011
09:49

10 |
Share via:
Suggest changing link for 'report a bug' at https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/people from http://:8080/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa to this page, https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/discussion#discussion%3DpageType%3ATHREAD%2CthreadId%3A5602

James Greyson

Jun 28, 2011
10:31

11 |
Share via:
Possible to edit the 'user session expired' pop up window to suggest that people copy any comment or work they've made before reloading the page so they don't lose it?

James Greyson

Jul 14, 2011
04:31

12 |
Share via:
On my small screen the window for editing proposals is narrower than the length of text visible before it wraps onto the next line. This means I can't read whole lines of text without scrolling back and forth sideways. Especially tricky when I was typing and not able to read the text at the beginning of each new line. Possible to fix by making the editing window a bit wider please? May we please have bullet point and numbered list tools in the editing toolbar for proposals, if easy to include? There is a little space on RHS of the line of tool icons where it could fit?

James Greyson

Jul 20, 2011
04:03

13 |
Share via:
Perhaps replace 'plan' on the site with 'proposal' since they mean the same and may confuse? Unless I'm the one who's confused ;-) Plan is used in web address of proposals page and on profiles describing which plans/proposals people support. The subscribe link on proposals changes to 'unubscribe' when clicked instead of unsubscribe. At least on the ones I've checked.

Chris Smerald

Aug 31, 2011
04:34

14 |
Share via:
Argh! Just tried to load my proposal and failed 5 times. I wrote it in word and tried to paste. I do not know if it is format, length, or evil gremlins, but forwarded my proposal to Robert L. with hope somone can load it. Certainly it would be good to be able to attach documents, abd an unod feature would be good. The "word reformatting" option crased every time as well.

Josh Introne

Aug 31, 2011
04:41

15 |
Share via:
Hi - could you email me your proposal at jintrone@mit.edu? Sorry for the difficulties; we'll get it working for you.

James Greyson

Sep 1, 2011
02:41

16 |
Share via:
Hi Chris, good to see that Josh got it up for you. Is editing working smoothly now at your end? I wonder what the glitch was? James

Christopher Fry

Sep 2, 2011
01:52

17 |
Share via:
I have lost significant content 3 times while attempting to input it. The first was probably the same bug that James had in #14 above. I had some URLs and descriptions in a MS Word doc that I copied, then attempted to paste into the proposal I was editing. When I did that, the whole page turned "gray" and I couldn't edit anything. The 2nd time was when I was editing a rather long comment. I don't think I did anything and it looked like the page just automatically refreshed, deleting everything I had typed in. The 3rd time I was tying to explain all this in a comment to the admins, maybe it was a forum like this, and I got an HTTP 500 error. I tried to copy that and paste it into a bug report (using the actual bug tracking feature is too difficult) but the site was dead at that point (yesterday afternoon) so I gave up. Now I cannot figure out how to edit the title of my proposal (James did it for me and I have no idea how). I also cannot figure out how to add a team member. My suggestion is this: Have a plain html page of documentation. If you could put a link to it at the top of every page that would be good. The link should say something like "WARNING: How to work around website bugs" At the top of that page, acknowledge that there are a lot of bugs in the site (set users' expectations correctly). Recommend that users type in long proposals into a text editor on their computer, (but NOT in MS Word), then when they are done, save out that file on their computer (so they have a backup), and only then go to the correct form on this website, and paste in the plain text of their document then immediately save on the website. If you want to edit it later, edit your original file on your computer, then copy the whole thing, then replace the entire text in the form on the website. Those that have existing proposals that they want to edit should copy out the current content and get it into an editor on their own computer. Unfortunately, selecting the large amount of text in a proposal on this website is painful, if not impossible so you might have to do it a screenfull, at a time. Below this general work_around, have a list of questions like the two I have above. Below each have an explanation with the work-around. I understand its difficult to write such complex websites, and whatever tools you're using are not good. (Since none of the tools are good I'm not blaming you for making a lousy choice either! The web is just plain old poor for this kind of complex interactive website and that stems from the fundamental problems with HTML, CSS, javascript, URL's etc.) Set users expectations right then have documentation that tells how to work around the bugs and the hard-to-figure out user interface. Fry

James Greyson

Sep 2, 2011
04:41

18 |
Share via:
Hi Christopher, so sorry for your experience but many thanks for telling us here and for your helpful suggestion. Well done also persevering and getting your proposal up and running! I find the web generally glitchy too, so we're not alone here. I don't find this site more difficult than elsewhere so would love to see if your experience can be boosted. I don't know about the technology under the bonnet of the CoLab but can comment as another site user if that helps. Good plan to work mainly in another editor and then paste text in. For me this works even from MSWord; sometimes it helps to select the 'remove styles definition' option in the pasting pop-up. A couple of times the formatting remained odd but it worked after cutting and repasting (or removing bold with the editing icons). The 'user session expired' glitch is a nuisance and has proven resistant to fixing but the workaround is given in the pop-up that comes when we try to save a page that's lost its connection, which can happen a couple of hours after saving/loading or because of our local network getting interrupted. The disconnected content can still be copied so we needn't lose edits. As the pop-up message suggests, we can 'select all', copy, reload the page, click edit and repaste the text. I've not had a page auto-refresh but that sounds a terrible nuisance for you - very sorry for your lost work. Will try to help with your 2 questions. When your proposal is in edit mode the title is also editable but it's tucked away up above the main text - in the same spot as when you're not editing. Let me know if it doesn't turn up when you hunt around for it. Team members can add themselves if your proposal is set in the admin tab to 'edit by anyone'. Otherwise other CoLab members can apply to join your team and you can approve. It's not set up for proposal owners to subscribe others into the team. Please let us know here if you find any new glitches and feel free to contact Josh directly by using 'compose message' in your profile, or click through to jintrone's profile from his name on this page and then 'send message'. Josh is very talented and I bet between you good ideas will emerge. Thanks, James

Chris Smerald

Sep 3, 2011
12:53

19 |
Share via:
Tables function in editor caused page to crash and work was lost.

Nishadh K.a.

Apr 1, 2012
09:39

20 |
Share via:
Link in sub section contest in home page is not properly working. Exact link is under Voice your opinion on proposed 2012 activities: Contribute to a discussion on our new approach for organizing activities in 2012.

Jonas Haller

Apr 2, 2012
10:04

21 |
Share via:
Bugtracker link not working properly: https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/feedback Font for titles is not displayed correctly on my Win7 computer. Like here "Community Discussions". I cannot really read it, it's more like guessing.

Pia Jensen

Apr 27, 2013
07:33

22 |
Share via:
multiple instances of support thumbs up missing from a variety of contest entries. mine included bot others as well. thank you.

James Greyson

Apr 28, 2013
05:19

23 |
Share via:
Thanks Pia. Thumbs up symbols are missing from proposal pages? And contest pages as well? It hasn't happened with me but the problem may be intermittent or browser-related. I'll ask our tech people. James

Pia Jensen

Apr 29, 2013
12:49

24 |
Share via:
Appears to have been fixed, James - Thank You for your attention and checking on that!

James Greyson

Apr 29, 2013
01:47

25 |
Share via:
Good news! Yell out if anything else gets in the way of your great contributions here :-)

Pia Jensen

Jul 11, 2013
01:01

26 |
Share via:
Thoughts on comments from fellows, advisers, experts during proposal submission periods prior to finalists being chose... some of us came in late to the game and did not have the benefit of questions and comments being posed by those who read and contemplate our contributions. perhaps, besides having an "early" submissions period when proposals receive feedback, there could be a tech mechanism that alerts fellows, advisers, experts et al. that new proposals have been posted (on condition that most, if not all, format sections are filled in, so perhaps after major portion of proposal is complete - say within 1 week of original submission? either time or % of completion dependent) so they know there may be an author awaiting feedback... this may help alleviate the burden of wading through many contributions at one time by seeing and providing feedback in "real time" submission process. and, i think, it would alleviate any angst felt by authors who have not had the benefit of feedback prior to finalist selection decisions. :) more ideas?

Rob Laubacher

Jul 11, 2013
01:47

Staff

27 |
Share via:
Hi Pia, Thanks very much for your suggestion. We did something along the lines of what you suggest in 2011, when we offered proposal authors feedback from experts if they submitted their work before an interim deadline. We'd hoped to offer proposal authors that opportunity this time around as well, but the challenges of launching 18 contests (as opposed to 2 in 2011!) meant we weren't able. After the current contests end, we plan to look at all our processes and assess what worked well vs. where pinch points arose. Based on that, we'll revamp procedures for the next round of contests. We'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind, and we'd also welcome input from other members. Best, RL For the Climate CoLab team

Pia Jensen

Jul 11, 2013
02:19

28 |
Share via:
Awesome good. James also noted the early submission process in 2011 and, as you note, with many more proposals, you have many challenges ahead thinking you may have even more proposal next round) Perhaps something that encourages proposal authors to comment more on others' submissions would be helpful too. I found benefit in comments from other authors. :) Like, maybe some incentive to make pertinent/well thought & constructive/helpful comments on others' work, similar to the referral system? The existing function of tagging a comment as "expert" could serve as one tool to identify helpful comments.

Rob Laubacher

Jul 11, 2013
06:10

Staff

29 |
Share via:
In response to Pia @28, this is another good idea. We have discussed in the past the idea of allowing members to rate comments and then building a reputation system based on # of comments/value of comments. Members would either get a total score or members who make many valuable contributions could have a badge or icon next to their profile photo (much like Amazon or Yelp have an icon for the most active and respected reviewers). This could identify and give recognition to community members who contribute to help improve the work of others. We will make sure to add this to the queue of ideas for our (small!) software development team.

Pia Jensen

Jul 11, 2013
06:56

30 |
Share via:
Very cool, if I were capable, I'd offer to help your small team :)

Lynn Rosentrater

Jul 16, 2013
03:24

31 |
Share via:
Hi, I noticed that as the proposals move through the stages of the contest and are copied to new stages (i.e. from finalist selection to proposal revisions) that the references are not being copied to the new version of the proposal. During the proposal revision period (which ended on July 15) I updated my reference list. This morning I see that my proposal has been moved to the latest stage of the contest: Selection of Winners. It has received a new link/identifier and the references I added to the proposal while editing was still open are no longer part of the proposal. I hope this content can be retrieved so that potential supporters are not left wondering about the literature I cite in the proposal.

Rob Laubacher

Jul 16, 2013
03:44

Staff

32 |
Share via:
Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into it and try to get it fixed as quickly as possible. Rob Laubacher For the Climate CoLab team

Pia Jensen

Jul 16, 2013
06:35

33 |
Share via:
cool: " latest stage of the contest: Selection of Winners." will there be a link to this page soon? :)

Laur Hesse Fisher

Jul 17, 2013
11:39

Staff

34 |
Share via:
Hi pj, Once the Finalists revision period closes for the contest, the proposals are migrated into the "Selection of Winners" phase. In other words, if the contest's revision period is open, proposals will be in the "Proposal Revision" phase. Example: Scaling renewables in major emerging economies: https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans/contestId/23 If they are closed, they will be in the "Selection of Winners" phase (which will open for voting in about a week): Profitably Reducing Emissions from Cement: https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans/contestId/15 Hope that answers your question! Laur Fisher Climate CoLab staff

Pia Jensen

Jul 17, 2013
12:33

35 |
Share via:
Sweet! Thank You for the links info.

Laur Hesse Fisher

Jul 18, 2013
11:05

Staff

36 |
Share via:
The references bug has been fixed! All content is now successfully migrated between contest phases. Laur Fisher MIT Climate CoLab staff

Hank Roberts

Aug 12, 2013
02:21

37 |
Share via:
I managed to 'support' William Calvin's geoengineering proposal, but I can't now figure out how to support the Badgersett woodyag proposal. How's that work again?

Patrick De Boer

Aug 12, 2013
02:46

38 |
Share via:
Hi Hank, Thanks for your question. Note that we are currently in voting phase, which means that the supporting function (comparable to 'like' on Facebook) is suspended for now. Instead we offer you the option of voting for the one proposal you like the most. Best, Patrick

Nishadh K.a.

Aug 28, 2013
10:07

39 |
Share via:
I was trying to send messages to Climate CoLab members, but after sending 3 to 4 messages I am getting this error notice. "Messages limit has been exceeded, if you want to send more messages, please contact the administrators" Now I couldn't able to send message to even administrators as said in the error notice. I understand this might be because of spam filter caution. But I was sending messages for vote request. Requesting your kind attention. Thank you, Nishadh

Laur Hesse Fisher

Aug 28, 2013
10:29

Staff

40 |
Share via:
Hi Nishadh, You are right--it is a feature we have implemented to avoid spam being sent to our members. Members are unable to send more than 5 messages in a 24 hour period. We would only encourage you to send voting requests to members if they have specifically expressed interest in your proposal, through comments or supports. To discuss this further, feel free to email us at admin [at] climatecolab [dot] org. Thanks! Laur Fisher MIT Climate CoLab staff

Devin Balkind

Mar 19, 2014
04:33

41 |
Share via:
Draft status.... When I create a proposal and click "SAVE changes" on it, I assume it's going to save a draft of a proposal - not publish it to the web and list publicly under a Contest. The term "Publish", "Submit" or "Add" is widely used on the internet to indicate to people that they're about to make something publicly accessible. I suggest using a term like that. Additionally, I also suggest enabling people to create drafts. These proposals are pretty long. It would be nice to be able to save work while writing them. ...Or maybe I simply clicked the wrong button and there is a way to create a draft? Thanks.

Michael Hayes

Apr 4, 2014
07:46

42 |
Share via:
I tried to submit a proposal for geoengineering governance and got an error message. Is there a lag between submission and posting? The draft of the proposal is not listed within my account.

Laur Hesse Fisher

Apr 10, 2014
09:50

Staff

43 |
Share via:
Hi Devin and Michael, Thanks for reaching out and I apologize for the trouble you're encountering on our site. Our software developers are looking into both of these cases and we'll have a response soon. Laur MIT Climate CoLab staff

Climate Colab

Apr 10, 2014
10:30

44 |
Share via:
Hi Michael, There was a bug on the site that affected some of our users. It would display the session timeout message, although your session didn't actually time out. It's fixed now :) Thanks for reporting! Patrick

Guy Beaumont

Apr 29, 2014
05:47

45 |
Share via:
I just started a discussion in "Building the CoLab" and I cannot edit or delete what I wrote, is it normal?

Patrick De Boer

Apr 29, 2014
05:56

46 |
Share via:
Hi Guy, Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, we currently don't offer the functionality to edit or delete discussion posts for our users. If you're uncomfortable with something you have posted, we can delete it for you? Best, Patrick

Guy Beaumont

Apr 29, 2014
05:21

47 |
Share via:
Hi Patrick, Thanks for your fast response. I'm comfortable with what I have posted, I just made a syntax error in the last paragraph. Is it meant to be that way? Do you think it encourages discussions? Best, Guy

Patrick De Boer

Apr 29, 2014
05:48

48 |
Share via:
Hi Guy, I certainly like it if our users think about how to improve our system. With this goal in mind, I do think that your post encourages discussion and I'm certain that you'll get interesting answers :) Best, Patrick

Guy Beaumont

Apr 29, 2014
06:48

49 |
Share via:
Hi Patrick, Thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate the proposal's platform better though, because it is editable, making it a more progressive tool for developing ideas. Best, Guy

Kimberly King

Jun 27, 2014
09:01

50 |
Share via:
One is presented with a 'tease' of a feature to use an anchor to link to text in other sections of one's proposal. I cannot figure out how to establish/create the anchored text. Yes, I tried to locate this information in the FAQs. Nada. I may be 'blind', but I cannot locate the functionality to do this. Nor does the '(No anchors available in the document)' error message provide me with a 'tea leaf' I require to invoke this feature. It is my experience, best not to offer a feature like this unless it's actually available. Am I missing something?

Climate Colab

Jun 28, 2014
08:07

51 |
Share via:
Kimgerly, you're absolutely right: there is no way to set anchors using the UI right now, only if you know your way around in HTML code. We'll work on this feature and I'll let you know once it's available. Thanks for noticing! Patrick

James Greyson

Jun 28, 2014
11:25

52 |
Share via:
Might work to write the proposal elsewhere in an editor that handles anchors, then paste in to the proposal template? Hopefully the anchors will transfer (?) If it helps here's an example of a past proposal using anchors, https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans/contestId/4/planId/14637 God luck! James

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 8, 2014
07:06

53 |
Share via:
Having frequent trouble logging in... it is usually sort of unresponsive. Also, cannot read any messages directly, as they won't open. I have to read them from the copy forwarded to my email. This makes the incoming message indicator stuck at "2" right now. Last... cannot update my profile. Don't know why.

Laur Hesse Fisher

Jul 9, 2014
11:29

Staff

54 |
Share via:
Hi Robert, We installed some new site features yesterday which made the site a little buggy. We're working on the issues associated with reading messages and opening discussion threads. Can you give us more detail what you mean by "frequent trouble logging in"? What happens and how often? Is this recent, or has it been going on for a long time? If so, how long? Thanks! Laur

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 9, 2014
07:57

55 |
Share via:
I click on Log in. The pop up to choose Facebook, Google+, or userID and pwd comes up. I click on Facebook. The pop up disappears, but I am still not logged in. Sometimes this repeats for several attempts. Eventually it works. This time it only failed once, then succeeded. I think, but I am not sure, that closing the Colab tab(s) and then returning to Colab, raises the chance of success. As far as the profile... I cannot get the save operation to accept my Colab password, so I cannot update the profile.

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 9, 2014
07:31

56 |
Share via:
It seems to have started a couple days ago.

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 10, 2014
07:06

57 |
Share via:
This time to log in, I tried using my Colab ID and pwd, and it worked the very first time.

Laur Hesse Fisher

Jul 11, 2014
10:03

Staff

58 |
Share via:
Great!

Eric Dargy

Jul 11, 2014
03:33

59 |
Share via:
It would be so much more modern if you could "reply" to specific comments. And lets not even dare to dream that far, but how great would it have been if this was set up like a GitHub account. I really am amazed how simplistic and word press like the whole design here is. But I do love the spirit. I just think there would be much more interaction if we embraced that with the software.

Eric Dargy

Jul 11, 2014
03:01

60 |
Share via:
BTW, I am also able to delete members from groups. I don't think I should have that power.

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 11, 2014
07:17

61 |
Share via:
Unable to put an image into my proposal. What happens is, after inserting the image the "Save" command disappears, so regardless what image I put in, I cannot save it. I don't know if it is a problem only with the OS and/or browser I am using, which is Windows 7 Home Edition and Mozilla Firefox.

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 12, 2014
04:57

62 |
Share via:
Now unable to send messages via the message system. There is no error message. The response is no different than it ever has been, except that sent messages no longer appear in the Sent folder.

Robert Dedomenico

Jul 13, 2014
10:29

63 |
Share via:
Hi Patrick de Boer, The message system has bugs. I am unable to message anybody at all, or read (using this system) any of the messages I have sent or received. It is only the copy of incoming messages forwarded to my email that I can read. These problems cropped up not simultaneously, but both recently... over the last few days. Robert

Patrick De Boer

Jul 14, 2014
03:21

64 |
Share via:
Hi Robert, Thanks for your notification. We've put a filter in place to prevent users from sending too many messages. Please note that we don't encourage advertising proposals through the built-in messaging system. Instead it is only meant as a communication and coordination tool. About the image, please check out the entry in our FAQ section: https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/faqs Best, Patrick

Rick Clemenzi

Jul 13, 2016
09:07

65 |
Share via:
The system is very unreliable when it comes to voting! We have had several people who voted, but never got a confirmation. I looked one of them up under "Members" - a person I personally watched them vote -- and it did not record their vote. This makes the whole question of public voting invalid. Our proposal has been stuck for quite some time at 37 votes although I absolutely know people have voted for it. Not good at all!

Annalyn Bachmann

Jul 14, 2016
02:31

Staff

66 |
Share via:
Hello, We actively monitor voting data on the site, and we regularly test voting functionality to ensure that it is working properly as expected. We have a rigorous review processes, and we thoroughly examine any inquiries, such as netzerofoundation's. We have been in touch with netzerofoundation and have tested voting on the platform, and discovered it to be working properly. If you have any questions about the Voting Period, please contact us at admin@climatecolab.org. Thank you, Annalyn Bachmann Project Assistant with Climate CoLab

Damian Bayne

Oct 31, 2016
10:43

67 |
Share via:
Hello, I am trying to edit my proposal - Tidal Energy Power Plant in the Energy Supply workspace 2016 and the edit icon is not appearing. If you could look into it, I would appreciate it. Thanks Damian

Annalyn Bachmann

Oct 31, 2016
04:58

Staff

68 |
Share via:
Hello Damian, Thank you for reaching out to us! I was able to see the "edit" button when checking your proposal. Did you double check that you were logged in? Are you still experiencing this when you check now? Sometimes you'll run into a timeout after a period of inactivity on the website. If not, I would suggest trying a different browser or refreshing the page. Please let me know if you're still having this problem, and we'll try to get down to the bottom of it! Thank you, Annalyn Bachmann Project Assistant with Climate CoLab

Damian Bayne

Oct 31, 2016
05:15

69 |
Share via:
Hello Annalyn, thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I'm still having trouble. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox with no results. I will message you with my login info. Take care.

Annalyn Bachmann

Nov 2, 2016
05:57

Staff

70 |
Share via:
Hello, We're currently looking into this problem, and will hopefully have a solution soon! Thank you for your patience! Please let me know if you encounter any other problems. Thanks, Annalyn

Michael Hayes

Nov 8, 2016
02:22

71 |
Share via:
Hi Folks, My edit function and bio page have become non-functional. I can get into editing yet when posting I get the 'not accessible' notice which is also what happens with the bio page. The bio page problem has happened a few times in the past yet the dysfunctional edit posting is new. Best regards and keep up the great work! Michael

Annalyn Bachmann

Nov 8, 2016
04:07

Staff

72 |
Share via:
Hi Michael, Thanks for your post! We're working on resolving these problems. Thank you so much for alerting us to this problem, and we'll make sure to update you if anything changes. Thanks, Annalyn

Michael Hayes

Nov 23, 2016
04:08

73 |
Share via:
Hi Annalyn,

I'm having to post my edits twice to get the changes to show up on the proposal. This is not a big issue yet may need attention.

Thanks,

Michael

Annalyn Bachmann

Nov 24, 2016
08:53

Staff

74 |
Share via:
Hi Michael,

Thank you for letting us know! We've been working on the editing function on our platform, so please let me know if this problem is still an issue or worsens.

Thank you,

Annalyn

Damian Bayne

Feb 27, 2017
01:32

75 |
Share via:

Hello, I would like to report that the diagrams in my proposal are not rendering correctly. I have tried to edit them but it's not working. They have all grown in size. The proposal is -Tidal Energy Power Plant in the Energy Supply Workspace 2016. Thanks, Damian.

Annalyn Bachmann

Feb 28, 2017
01:21

Staff

76 |
Share via:

Hello Damian, 

Thanks again for reaching out to us! We sent you a message over the platform. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Thank you, 

Annalyn

Damian Bayne

Jun 8, 2017
10:41

77 |
Share via:

HI,  I see that new contests have started up. However, the option  to move proposals from the workspace to the contests aren't available.  Specifically in my case,  energy supply workspace to energy supply contest. Thanks.

Annalyn Bachmann

Jun 8, 2017
11:03

Staff

78 |
Share via:

Hello Damian, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! We're currently working on fixing this issue, and hope that it will be resolved soon. The Climate CoLab Team will also move all the proposals currently in the workspaces to the open contests as soon as the moving functionality has been reestablished. 

Please let me know if you have any other problems! 

Thanks, 

Annalyn 

Damian Bayne

Jun 8, 2017
01:27

79 |
Share via:

HI,  it's working fine now.  Thank you.

Damian Bayne

Jul 4, 2017
06:46

80 |
Share via:

Hi, just thought I should pass on that the link used to upload pictures isn't working properly. I'm not personally trying to upload anything at the moment but others might try to and not know about this thread. There's a lot of what looks like Spanish text in the preview box. I also think imgur.com may have changed how pictures are previewed etc.. and since I'm here; you may want to consider putting a 'report bugs' icon on the home page as this thread isn't the easiest to find.  A cute little spider would probably work well with the other animation. Just a thought. 

Thanks, Damian

Annalyn Bachmann

Jul 5, 2017
10:42

Staff

81 |
Share via:

Hello Damian, 

Thank you for the message, and for your great suggestions. It appears the image preview is currently not working, and I've reported this to our developers. However, the image upload does work when you press "OK". 

Please let me know if you have any other issues! 

Thanks, 

Annalyn

Dana Barish

Jan 30, 2018
11:49

82 |
Share via:

I am getting an error when using any selection from profile dropdown box:

"TypeError: $(...).bind(...) autocomplete is not a function"

Annalyn Bachmann

Feb 5, 2018
11:34

Staff

83 |
Share via:

Hello Dana, 

Thank you for the message. I responded via the platform. 

Thanks, 

Annalyn