Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

Can any new transportation system ever be built in the United States?

8comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Jim Berergi

Jul 25, 2013
07:51

1 |
Share via:
If a new transportation systems promised travel that was: low cost less than 48 cents per mile, extremely safe and secure, covenant any time, easy to use, very fast. And if it provided high investment returns why can it not be built?

Galen Wilkerson

Aug 8, 2013
08:02

2 |
Share via:
Interesting question! I also wonder if a "new system" might use the current fleet and just use information more efficiently. Think of all those empty seats flowing past us right now :) https://www.climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans/contestId/7/planId/1303903

Robert Dedomenico

Sep 7, 2013
03:30

3 |
Share via:
I want to thank the ClimateColab judges for passing over my transportation proposal. It pissed me off, and made me search for other contests. I found and entered the Philips Innovation Fellows competition, in which I am doing very well. There are only thirty-five contestants. My entry there has already qualified for finalist selection, (one of only two so far,) and I have been contacted by the CTO of a major corporation interested in fully funding development of my concept. It appears that ten or fewer entries will qualify by the September 30th cutoff, and five $10,000 winners will be announced from among those qualified few on October 15th. Then, one of those five will be chosen winner overall and announced October 30th. That prize is an additional $50,000, and an all expense paid trip to Philips NA headquarters in Andover, MA. None of this would have been possible had I not realized that I should actively look for contest money, and that realization only came to me in my frustration over this contest. If you would like to see the Philips contest, just go to http://www.indiegogo.com/partners/philips or Google anything about it and you will find it. Thanks again, Robert DeDomenico CargoFish - Physical Internet

Pia Jensen

Sep 7, 2013
03:08

4 |
Share via:
Robert - Sweet! Good luck and thanks for the direction!

Robert Dedomenico

Jun 19, 2014
12:10

5 |
Share via:
A new transportation system is about to be built into existence not just in the United States... but around the world. And... it will be like a true blood system for our living body of Earth... connecting the various organs... cities... factories... homes. Before this year is out, CargoFish will be well known.

Mohd Faris Khamidi

Jun 20, 2014
12:50

6 |
Share via:
There's always possibility to do that. However, I don't really see what it is all about, how it brings improvement to the status quo so on and so forth.... Anyway, all the best.

Robert Dedomenico

Jun 20, 2014
06:46

7 |
Share via:
And that is perfectly OK, Mohd. After all, how many people even believed that the Wright Brothers were flying at Huffman Prairie between 1903 and 1905? And how many recognized all of the significant changes that flight would bring before Louis Bleriot flew across the English Channel in (1909?). Just take note of the extremely low specific energy requirements of the system. Also try and consider the level of convenience. Or conversely... try and imagine any major city to suddenly operate without use of any of its major utilities for even one day. How can I just plop down a few words and open up every persons eyes all at once to what is now possible? I cannot. I have tried. I will build it and show them. That is what must be done. I hope to get a little help from somewhere... maybe here. Thanks for speaking up on your thoughts... I do appreciate it. Sincerely, Robert

Dorcas Melda

Sep 21, 2020
02:55

8 |
Share via:

Among other courses, business research writing services has become popular since students seek Business Coursework Writing Services and business essay writing services.